The Worlds First Street Legal LED Light BarShow Categories
J.W. Speaker developed the Model 9049-3M LED 19″ Light Bar with value in mind. The way we see it, if you’re going to invest in a high-quality LED light bar, you might as well buy something that you can use both on-road and off-road.
LED light bars have been a popular upgrade in recent years not only because of the illumination they provide, but because of the unique look they add to a vehicle. They’re a symbol of the freedom and excitement that comes from conquering the trails and looking good doing it.
The Model 9049-3M features the heavy-duty construction you’d expect from an off-road product paired with a high-performance and precise beam pattern that satisfies SAE standards for on-road use, making it ideal for rigs that double as a daily driver.
Because this product is the first of its kind, we’ve received a lot of questions about its legality. Here’s a quick run-down of the most important facts:
- FMVSS 108 (the standards used by the DOT here in the U.S.) does not cover fog lights.
- The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), however, does have standards covering fog lights (SAE J583 specifically).
- Since there isn’t a national law governing fog lights, individual states may choose to follow SAE standards (and many do).
- The Model 9049-3M is a single lamp assembly, not three separate assemblies, so it counts as a single auxiliary light.
- The Model 9049-3M has a SAE-compliant beam pattern, making it legal in states that recognize SAE standards for fog lights.
- Please note that WHERE you mount the Model 9049-3M on your vehicle is important. Please double-check the laws in your jurisdiction to be sure you’re properly mounting the light.