About J.W. SpeakerShow Sidebar
Founded in 1935 by John W. Speaker, J.W. Speaker Corporation is focused on developing innovative, high-performance vehicular lighting solutions for OEM and aftermarket customers around the world. We specialize in LED & other emerging lighting technologies and proudly design, manufacture & assemble our products in Germantown, Wisconsin.
J.W. Speaker Corporation’s early products included tire repair equipment and kits, radiator fronts, car and truck mirrors, and automotive lighting. In the early 1940’s, J.W. Speaker Corporation developed the Heatab® miniature portable stove and the “P38” GI can opener – both of which were widely used during World War II and for several decades thereafter by the U.S. military.
In 1960, under the leadership of John’s son Jack, the corporation shifted its focus to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) vehicular lighting – initially for lawn & garden and golf & turf tractors. Since then, J.W. Speaker has developed and specialized in manufacturing a wide variety of lighting products for other OEMs in agriculture, construction, on road commercial, material handling, mining, motorcycle, recreation, and aviation markets.
Today, J.W. Speaker Corporation is still a family-run business and is lead by John’s grandsons, Tim and Jamie Speaker.