Internship Available: Mechanical Engineering Summer InternshipShow Categories
We’re hiring a driven student looking for a challenge in our Mechanical Engineering department. Push the limits on a daily basis while having fun along the way in our summer internship program!
ABOUT THE POSITION:
J.W. Speaker strives to be the best in everything that we do – that’s why we focus on hiring the best and brightest, and our interns are no exception! Every year we offer current students the opportunity for personal and professional development through our hands on part time and summer internship programs.
As an intern at J.W. Speaker, you will be immersed in our fast-paced and state of the art environment from day one. You will gain valuable insight working on real world projects to make a tangible impact on the business all while experiencing J.W. Speaker’s dynamic culture.
A hands-on, fast-paced internship with potential to turn into a job!
J.W. Speaker interns have the chance to engage in a lot more than just work:
- Mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities throughout the organization including exposure to senior leadership
- Giving back to the community through our annual Intern Volunteer Day
- Chance to collaborate and connect with other interns across the organization including social events
- A fun and fast-paced culture with an emphasis on learning and development
- Flexible work schedule with your school schedule and collegiate sports team schedule
- Opportunity for a full time job offer at the end of your internship
- Casual/informal dress environment
- Paid internships
We’re hiring driven students looking to be challenged to push the limits on a daily basis while having fun along the way!
As a mechanical engineer intern at J.W. Speaker, you will get first hand experience working alongside our innovative New Product Development engineers. Your job duties will vary, from design work in Creo, to building prototypes, to assisting in our mechanical test labs, and even researching new technologies – all in a team-oriented environment.
Specific duties/opportunities may include:
- Assisting project engineers with launch of new products
- Building and testing prototypes for our customers
- Basic design in Creo
- Must be working towards an electrical engineering degree at an accredited college or university
- Junior/Senior standing preferred
Apply online by November 1, 2017. Please specify if you are seeking a year around internship or summer internship only. Year around interns typically work 8-15 hours per week and full-time during breaks and summer when possible.
The Campus Recruiting team reviews resumes on a rolling basis. The internship hiring process consists of two interviews. Typically, the first interview is conducted at your college or university campus or over the phone. The second interview is at the J.W. Speaker corporate headquarters in Germantown, WI. All candidates will be notified of hiring decisions via e-mail or phone and validated with a formal offer letter around December 1, 2017. Occasionally, we may receive requests for interns after this date and will reach out to those interns who best fit our new hiring needs.
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities