Internship Available: HR InternshipShow Categories
J.W. Speaker strives to be the best in everything that we do – that’s why we focus on hiring the best and brightest, and our interns are no exception! Every year we offer current students the opportunity for personal and professional development through our hands on part time and internship programs.
As an intern at J.W. Speaker, you will be immersed in our fast-paced and state of the art environment from day one. You will gain valuable insight working on real world projects to make a tangible impact on the business all while experiencing J.W. Speaker’s dynamic culture.
A hands-on, fast-paced internship with potential to turn into a job!
ABOUT THE POSITION: This is a brand new opportunity for an internship in our booming HR department! We continue to grow and would love to bring in an HR student to help us along the way. It’s an awesome opportunity for someone who is looking to work in a fast-paced, dynamic manufacturing environment, doing a variety of tasks.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE: Our ideal candidate will be an HR major, junior standing, but we may consider others with passion and energy for HR! We would prefer someone who could work 16-24 hours per week (2-3 days per week ideal, but we can discuss a different flexible schedule for the right intern and we will work around your school schedule!)
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXPLORE, INNOVATE, & PERFORM:
- By updating and maintaining electronic associate files, as well as our HRIS system (ensuring data accuracy and doing system audits)
- By working on special projects relating to HR initiatives (research/recommend background screening companies, safety vending machines, best practices/benchmarking, etc…)
- By completing new hire orientation preparatory work
- By conducting reference checks for production candidates
- By understanding our HR zone board metrics, assisting with data compilation & analysis
- By assisting in engagement activities and employee/company events
- Education: Some college or better in Human Resource Administration.
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities