Internship Available: Electrical Engineering (SMT) InternshipShow Categories
We’re hiring a driven student looking for a challenge in our Electrical Engineering (SMT) department. Push the limits on a daily basis while having fun along the way in our summer internship program!
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are looking for an Electrical Engineering student for an internship in our SMT/Electronics department. Our ideal candidate is going to work full-time during the summer, and part-time hours during the school year. (Most interns work 8-15 hours during school.) We are a booming lighting manufacturer in Germantown, with a robust internship program! Duties for this internship will be varied, but will consist of the following areas of focus:
- Assist with our department floor automation report generation
- Problem solve bottlenecks and review capacity optimization
- Line design assistance with short and long term capacity planning
- Evaluate LED rework equipment
- Investigate LED solder paste voids vs heat transfer, along with mitigation
- Assist with putting together the PCB sourcing standard (web thickness, cleanliness, hole-copper tolerance, etc..)
- Secondary operations cored solder wire evaluation, improving quality and throughput
- PCB failure analysis
- Some college or better in Electrical Engineering or related field.
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities