Position Available: Engineering Project SpecialistShow Categories
We are looking to add an Engineering Project Specialist, to help our Engineers be successful when designing innovative lighting solutions for our customers.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Our Engineers are swamped and need your help! This valued position is critical to helping our Engineers be successful when designing innovative lighting solutions for our customers. If you are passionate about helping others and have excellent organizational skills, this could be the perfect job for you!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our ideal candidate will start off with an Associate’s degree in a technical or business-related major, or related experience. They will have 3 years of experience working in New Product Development, and a strong background managing priorities and timelines. In addition, they will need advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Access, and Project and basic CAD skills (We use Creo.) Prior ERP experience is needed. (We use Syteline, but can train you on this specific system!)
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will INNOVATE: and PERFORM:
- By responsible for the team’s accuracy, robustness and effectiveness of new product designs including the electronic packaging, optical performance, thermal management, mechanical integrity and ability to meet specifications
- By maintaining milestones and action items for engineering projects
- By scheduling design reviews and other project meetings, maintaining resulting action lists
- By managing pre-phase close ECNs for Custom and Current Engineering
- By pulling together and preparing PPAPs for submission
- By preparing for phase closes and distributing all project-related documentation
- By managing BOM loads and cost rolls and ensuring proper quantities of parts are available for builds
- By supporting drawing, cost estimates and timeline changes
- By working with multiple projects and setting priorities to assure timely completion of assignments
- By supporting prototype procurement and sample builds as required
- By performing simple 3-D modeling in Creo; creating and supplying basic designs, layouts, illustrations and detail drawings per best practices, standards, and engineer direction
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates or better in Engineering or related field.
- Strong MS software experience a must!
- 3 years experience working in an engineering department
This is an immediate opening, and salary will be commensurate with experience.
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. The links will take you to a third-party website where you can submit an application. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.