Position Available: Engineer Manager - New Product DevelopmentShow Categories
We are looking to add an Engineer Manager, to lead our projects and design engineers in both our OEM and Aftermarket New Product Development teams.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Another new position due to our business success! As we continue to grow, welcoming both new customers and expanded product offerings, this position will be a critical part of our strategy. This position will lead our team of outstanding project, product, and design engineers.
If you yearn to work for a cutting-edge company that invests in technology, resources and most importantly, people, then this could be the job for you!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
“Been there, done that” is the name of the game for this position! We need a seasoned leader with a strong background in new product development, with an emphasis in plastics design. Ideally, our candidates will have at least 10-15 years of engineering leadership in a fast-paced environment with a multitude of concurrent projects.
To be successful, candidates must not be afraid to be hands on! You may be rolling up your shirtsleeves, digging in and helping our engineers with tolerance stacks, thermal analysis, new concept development, and more. More importantly, you will be their “go-to” leader; their coach and mentor, and the person who will recognize their outstanding work and hold them accountable when need be.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXPLORE:
- By assisting your team to identify needs for and review results of all necessary calculations, such as thermal analysis, mechanical stress analysis, CFD, etc. as required
- By identifying gaps and coordinating technical development activities for the team
- By driving continuous design practices, process improvements or innovation initiatives
- By participating in outside professional activities to maintain knowledge on developments in the field
You will INNOVATE:
- By responsible for the team’s accuracy, robustness and effectiveness of new product designs including the electronic packaging, optical performance, thermal management, mechanical integrity and ability to meet specifications
- By making design recommendations based upon risk, cost and effort
- By teaching/coaching/mentoring team to continually improve our technical capabilities
- By ensuring the team has the right people with the right skills at the right time and establish actions to manage capacity and capability gap/risk
- By developing, training on, and using efficient and effective “best practices” and standard
You will PERFORM:
- By ensuring technical accuracy of designs by developing and applying appropriate checks/reviews
- By reviewing and validating product designs for compliance with internal and external best practices/engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specs
- By assisting the team to perform appropriate level of design/packaging studies, tolerance stack-ups, layouts, drawings calculations, weight estimates, and supporting documentation
- By allocating resources to projects based upon availability, skill, and timing needs
- By understanding the internal customer/supplier expectations and prioritizing improvement actions to achieve/sustain/improve the zone’s value.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 10-15 years’ minimum experience, demonstrating solid Engineering aptitude and the ability to identify gaps, develop staff thru focused training and teach/coach/mentor on actual projects as part of the NPD process
- 15 years’ minimum on hands-on design experience of plastic injection molded components and die-casting.
- ANSYS mechanical and thermal analysis experience preferred.
- Creo Pro/E and/or CATIA experience preferred.
This is an immediate opening, and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. The links will take you to a third-party website where you can submit an application. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.