Position Available: Quality Engineer - New Product DevelopmentShow Categories
We are looking to add a Quality Engineer to our New Product Development Team.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a brand new position in our company due to growth. This person will make sure our new product development team is developing robust designs with a focus on meeting manufacturing/assembly requirements, all while keeping customer requirements on the forefront!
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate will start off with a Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Engineering or another Science-related equivalent. An ASQ certification as a CQE is preferred, as is a green or black belt certification. Experience with Minitab is a plus.
Additionally, we would prefer 5+ years experience in the automotive, medical or aerospace industry. Experience in new product development and APQP is a must. Lean experience is preferred.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You Will EXPLORE
- By leading the NPD team in root cause analysis and corrective actions for design, and process failures to customer specifications and expectations
- By auditing new potential suppliers in NPD
- By continually developing and improving processes to meet customer requirements and JWS expectations
- By working on field warranty and current production projects for improvement
- By auditing internal processes for IATF16949 and ISO9001:2015
You Will INNOVATE
- By being the foremost advocate of APQP in the organization
- By leading the development of CTQ’s, DFMEAs, control plans, and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly in new product development
- By serving as the quality lead for critical NPD projects throughout the organization
- By spearheading APQP efforts with cross-functional teams for new product introductions to ensure flawless launches, and a reduction in customer complaint rates
- By assisting in the development of APQP and PPAP documentation for other NPD projects
You Will PERFORM
- By managing PPAP for projects assigned
- By reviewing suppliers PPAP submissions for assigned projects
- By assisting suppliers in resolving component problems
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
- 2-5 years: APQP experience
- 5 years: Automotive, Medical, or Aerospace industry experience
- Cert. Quality Engineer
This is an immediate opening, and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. The links will take you to a third-party website where you can submit an application. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.