Position Available: Trainer - 1st shift, 2nd shift, & 2nd shift (10 hr)Show Categories
Positive attitude. Team player. Desire to learn. These are the top skills you will need to be successful at J.W. Speaker!
This is not your average Trainer role – this is a fast-paced environment for open-minded individuals looking for a career. Our team is down to earth and deeply focused on our customers. Expect to work closely on a team in a state-of-the-art manufacturing environment located in Germantown, WI.
You can expect to assemble awesome lights that go on vehicles like ATVs, motorcycles, snowmobiles & even space equipment! You’ll read blueprints, work with automation, & be responsible for thorough cosmetic inspections. However, you won’t just be assembling products! You will be an integral part of on-boarding our new associates and assist in refreshing the skills of others, all while building a high-quality product for our customers. We’re on a mission to be the best, make money & have fun!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You’re good with your hands and have the ability to show others how to perform tasks. In fact, you probably do DIY projects regularly! You like to be on your feet (not sitting at a desk), and you’re not afraid to ask questions. You believe in the philosophy that training should be tailored to an associate based on his/her skill set. Ideally, you have past work experience that speaks to your work ethic and your ability to teach others and work at a fast pace.
Additionally, you’re not afraid to speak up if you have new ideas. Your friends & family would say that you’re not only a good communicator but also a good listener.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will INNOVATE:
- By making improvements to work smarter, not harder
- By being a team player & encourage collaboration to solve problems
- By communicating well with your team & department
You will EXPLORE:
- By assisting others to master a set of skills through our certification program
- By learning every day & keeping an open mind
- By contributing to a respectful environment
You will PERFORM:
- By bringing your “A” game to work everyday
- By exceeding safety & cleanliness standards (5S)
- By surfacing problems utilizing group metrics and performance
- By meeting daily metrics around safety, quality, delivery & cost
- By accurately inspecting parts to high quality standards
- By living J.W. Speaker’s core values everyday
- Required: Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in a fast-paced, team environment
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently & on a team
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Education & Experience
- High School or Better
- 1 year Related Experience
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. The links will take you to a third-party website where you can submit an application.