Position Available: Production Manager - Assembly 2nd ShiftShow Categories
Production Manager – Assembly 2nd Shift
1st Priority: Run – Daily Execution
- Create a safe and secure working environment by training & enforcing safety policies
- Deliver to customer expectations by enforcing and calibrating the team on quality standards
- Organize and plan daily/weekly Zone staffing/execution to meet customer demand and achieve SQDC goals
- Check GL LSW to drive Zone actions, contain problems timely & resolve effectively, or ensure proper escalation
- Communicate with counterpart to identify potential problems and key actions
2nd Priority: Develop – Observe, Coach & Engage
- Observe Group Leaders and ensure accountability to standards through regular performance feedback
- Identify & facilitate development opportunities for Group Leaders and Associates utilizing the skills matrix
- Recognize and celebrate behaviors and results that support our culture or brand
3rd Priority: Improve – Each Day Better
- Using observation (LSW) and data, assist Group Leaders to identify waste and facilitate improvements.
- Using observation (LSW) and Zone data, identify and facilitate systemic Zone improvements.
- Demonstrate PDCA thinking through the facilitation of “just do it” actions; 4-steps and kaizen events
- Work at the right level to drive improvement between Zones
- Identify & implement strategic opportunities to improve daily execution, development and the CI system
- Create an environment where the team members are engaged and developing to their fullest potential
- Degree preferred – Industrial/Mfg./Mechanical Engineer or Bachelor’s in Operations Management
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.