Position Available: Global Sourcing SpecialistShow Categories
Do you enjoy building relationships with your customers, getting them the right product at the right time at the right cost? Now, can you take that passion and apply it to our technical products, sourcing components that will come together in a cutting edge piece of technology.. our lights? If so, this could be the perfect job for you!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE: To start off, you will have either a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain & Operations or Business Management (or the equivalent!) You must have a technical aptitude, as you will be sourcing technical parts will need to read and interpret blueprints. Unfortunately, this is not an entry level position, so you should have at least 5-7 years of experience in a Global Sourcing role, with 3 years minimum of supporting New Product Development. Finally, you will need to be an organized, confident decision-maker, not afraid to hold yourself and your suppliers accountable to our standards.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXPLORE:
- By collaborating with R&D to develop supply chains on emerging technologies
- By understanding market cost drivers – ensuring competitive piece prices
- By identifying areas of opportunity for improvement to support the Supply Chain team
- By using A3 problem solving tools and mindset – creativity before capital!
You will INNOVATE:
- By identifying, validating, and approving the supply chain to ensure alignment to commodity strategy
- By identifying and implementing high impact cost-reduction opportunities
- By facilitating new product development procurement processes
- By assessing and selecting suppliers that support strategic initiatives
- By facilitating supplier certification process with a focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost
- By demonstrating a deep understanding of zone metrics by surfacing and solving problems
You will PERFORM:
- By developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- By ensuring smooth hand-from new purchased components from NPD (after PPAP) to Materials
- By developing and following supply chain standard business processes
- By managing annual purchase agreements
- By utilizing total cost analysis when evaluating supply chain options
- By keeping pulse on Cost of Poor Quality to drive improvements
- By facilitating annual material cost reduction initiative
- Bachelors or better in Logistics /Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Management or related field.
- 3 years: new product development experience
- 5-7 years: sourcing experience
This is an immediate opening!
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. The links will take you to a third-party website where you can submit an application. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.