Position Available: Cost AccountantShow Categories
We are looking for a Cost Accountant to join our Accounting team. This is another brand new position at our growing company, and a rare chance to join our Accounting team!
ABOUT THE POSITION: This position is great for someone who is naturally curious and loves to solve problems. A good portion of time in this role will consist of digging into data coming at you from various departments in our manufacturing company, and ensuring we are using the correct procedures and best practices when it comes to all things cost accounting!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our ideal candidate will start off with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or currently enrolled in a program to obtain this degree. If this is the case, candidates must have completed a Cost Accounting class prior to applying.) 1-2 years of experience is preferred. Candidates must have strong analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail. Data geeks encouraged to apply!
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXPLORE, INNOVATE, & PERFORM
- By assuming full responsibility for posting of monthly cost journals, inventory reconciliation and related journal entries, along with the explanation of any significant deviations from standard
- By costing new products and engineering changes, including the review of key required fields for conformity with prior accounting practices prior to roll
- By performing accounting for corporate projects and recognition of associated project revenues
- By reviewing bi-weekly payroll to assure that all changes have been properly input
- By managing all fixed asset accounting and reconciliation of fixed assets, CIP, and accumulated depreciation balances
- By conducting timely reconciliation of all bank accounts
- By accruing appropriate items and reconciling balance sheet accounts and other key income statement accounts
- By maintaining records for year-end tax and audit workpapers
- By backing up payroll and banking functions
- By acting as the “go-to” person for query reports, especially related to cost accounting analytics
- Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
- 1 year: Cost Accounting
This is an immediate opening, and salary will be commensurate with experience.
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities