Position Available: SMT Manufacturing EngineerShow Categories
We are looking to add a Manufacturing Engineer to our SMT Group.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position is in our fastest-growing department, our SMT (Electronics) Department. While most companies who use LEDs outsource their circuit board manufacturing, we do it ourselves, staying true to our strategy of being as “vertically integrated” as possible! It’s an exciting time to be in this department, working with state-of-the-art Universal equipment and helping us drive technology throughout our products and organization. The SMT Manufacturing Engineer will be a process expert for us in this department. Their focus will be on ensuring we are using the most efficient, cost-effective processes and equipment, with a constant eye on continuous improvement.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Ideally, you will start off with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. You should have Surface Mount Technology experience in a manufacturing environment – at least 3-5 years. If you have a Lean background, that would be awesome, but you definitely need a “continuous improvement” mindset. You will have strong documentation skills so we can ensure our processes are well-documented and standards are followed.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will INNOVATE:
- By developing and documenting simple standards to support implementation of new products into repeatable daily execution; insuring understanding of standards by all associates
- By developing and maintaining in-process quality control systems to ensure product quality
- By designing experiments to develop optimum production processes. (Solder paste selection, stencil designs, feeder setup methodology, selective soldering techniques, etc…)
- By planning and developing processes and capacity utilization strategy for SMT assembly operations
- By ensuring production equipment is capable and has capacity for growth; involving integrating equipment, people, material flow systems, and information systems
You will EXPLORE:
- By evaluating, implementing, and monitoring processes and operating systems for the manufacturing of printed circuit boards
- By leading and participating in opportunities to improve and provide training, tools, spare parts, and documentation for oneself or team members
- By driving continuous improvement in labor costs through waste reduction, production efficiency, and operations improvement
- By optimizing machine set-up and programming sequences for maximum efficiency
You will PERFORM:
- By maintaining a strong understanding and effective response to the operational effectiveness priorities of safety, quality, delivery and cost
- By leading and participating in “just do it” actions to provide short-term countermeasures to maintain or improve operational effectiveness goals
- By acting as the senior technical resource for daily execution help chain by promptly responding to line-machine requests from A-Techs, providing solutions or engaging external resources for additional support
- By supporting NPD projects through all phases of project’s cycle
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- 3-5 years minimum experience in printed circuit board assembly processes, methodologies, standards, and best practices
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.