Position Available: Production Team LeaderShow Categories
This is a brand new position at our booming company! It’s an exciting time to join our SMT (Surface Mount Technology) department. We are building a new “state-of-the-art” facility in Germantown which you would be an integral part of in this role, and it opens this spring!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE: Our ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of manufacturing experience, with 2-5 years minimum in a leadership role. A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, (or related), or equivalent work experience is preferred.
Candidates with an SMT background are preferred, but not mandatory.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXPLORE:
- By coaching, leading and participating in problem-solving activities while seeking out opportunities to improve our processes, using the Kaizen process when applicable
- By participating in the future design of the department, and evaluating ongoing zone needs (benchmarking, learning, anticipating staffing needs, promoting new technologies and methods, and ensuring the department is audit/tour ready at all times)
You will INNOVATE:
- By owing the staffing for your shift – maintaining adequate staffing to meet customer needs while respecting the department budget. Administering the plan to fully onboard, train, develop, and assess associates
- By following safety, quality, delivery, and cost thinking; utilizing a “Plan, Do, Check, Act” approach to improvements, and develop high pay-off strategies for prioritized improvement in the department
You will PERFORM:
- By providing clear, precise, and meaningful daily reports that align resources toward daily short term countermeasures and long term corrective actions
- By conducting regular meetings with the team to provide results, actions, and provide answers to questions and concerns, and supporting the shift of associates in addressing ongoing issues, meeting rates, and removing road blocks
- By verifying the department is meeting all ISO requirements while following standards
- By updating standards and processes continuously to verify they are applicable
- Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field or Associates or better in Design and Mechanical Systems or related field.
- 2 years minimum experience with Creo
- 5 years experience designing of plastic injection molded parts
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.