Position Available: Senior Product DesignerShow Categories
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our design team at our growing company!
ABOUT THE POSITION: We continue to grow and are looking for a seasoned Product Designer to add to our Custom Products engineering team. Join our other designers working on fun products like motorcycle lights, high-end specialty automotive lighting, and more!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE: Our perfect candidate will have an Associate’s degree in Mechanical Design and 5 years of experience designing components and assemblies, including injection molded components. Additionally, candidates will need 5 years of experience with Pro-E/Creo and Wildfire.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- By performing complex 3D modeling using Surfacing/Advanced Surfacing modules in Creo 2.0
- By creating and providing complex designs (including optics), layouts, illustrations and detailed drawings per best practices, standards, and Project/Design Engineer direction
- By completing component and assembly reviews, including tolerance studies and presenting potential issues to a Project/Design Engineer direction
- By recording and verifying accuracy of BOM’s, engineering changes, dimensioning, and tolerancing
- By working with multiple projects concurrently and setting priorities to assure timely completion of assignments
- By supporting prototype procurement and sample builds as required
- By supporting project/design engineers working with manufacturing and purchasing to improve designs and minimize costs
This is an immediate opening!
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. The links will take you to a third-party website where you can submit an application. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.
- Associates Degree or better in Design and Mechanical Systems or related field.
- 5 years: Experience using Creo
- 5 years: Experience designing components and assemblies