Position Available: Material Handling Group Leader - 1st ShiftShow Categories
Do you love leading others and have a background in warehouse/material handling? If so, we may have the perfect job for you!
ABOUT THE POSITION Our Material Handlers are always movin’ and groovin’, and we are looking for an energetic, experienced leader to help grow the team! This position is open because the long-time leader switched shifts, and the team of material handlers that report to this role are well-established, seasoned folks.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE The perfect candidate is going to have leadership experience in a material handling, distribution or warehouse role. They should also have experience utilizing an ERP or WMS program.
Things move quickly around here, so this candidate must also be able to handle competing priorities and constant multi-tasking. A “continuous improvement” background and passion would be ideal for this role, as this person will be responsible for improving processes and implementing best practices throughout the department.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- By facilitating kit pulling execution routine using a 4 step problem solving method to surface and solve problems
- By following standard work for leaders to understand normal versus abnormal
- By understanding material flow and associated standards
- By preparing for the next shift and reporting abnormalities to ensure a smooth hand-off
- By mentoring associates and observing people and processes; looking for opportunities to surface and solve problems
- By facilitating a “follow it or fix it” mindset as pertaining to all standards – observe, coach, and mentor
- By providing performance coaching and appraisals of team members
- By facilitating training priorities utilizing the skills matrix, developing associates into skilled, flexible, and engaged employees
- By improving the 5S system, continually applying sort, set in order and shine, and regularly auditing departments
- Education: High School or Better
- Experience: 2 years – Material Handling experience
- Experience: 2 years – Leadership experience
This is an immediate opening!
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. The links will take you to a third-party website where you can submit an application. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.