Position Available: Manufacturing Engineering Team LeaderShow Categories
We are looking for a seasoned Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader to help take our team and our processes to the next level!
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a new position in our Aftermarket group due to growth! As our business grows, so does our manufacturing engineering team.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience leading a team of manufacturing engineers in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Assembly and/or electronics experience is a plus! Additionally, candidates must have a strong background in process and product validation, and have previous experience working with new product development. Statistical experience would be beneficial, as would some experience working with automation.
This position will be hands-on, with a significant amount of time spent on the production floor where you will be in the middle of the action.
Qualified candidates should be highly collaborative, and have the keen ability to zoom in and out when needed (big picture thinking yet still staying on top of the details!). Even though you will be owning our manufacturing engineering group, you will need to be able to see the whole and act accordingly!
Finally, you will teach/coach/mentor your team of manufacturing engineers and technicians to help them be their best, so you must be willing to share what you have learned along the way.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXPLORE:
- By collaborating with R&D and New Product Development, investigating and implementing new manufacturing processes
- By leading and participating in development and deployment of company goals/strategies
You will INNOVATE:
- By providing timely inputs to labor, design risks, process risks, and capital throughout the phase gate development process – Proof of Concept
- By serving as the line design expert to ensure product and material flows meet or exceed our quality and cost objectives
- By implementing Lean Manufacturing practices
- By maintaining a visual workplace, making problems visible and practicing 5S principles
- By proactively managing performance (right people, right role)
- By working individual skill development plans to increase capability and flexibility
- By team-building – raising the level of involvement, responsibility, and accountability
You will PERFORM:
- By ensuring designs for manufacturing (risk mitigation, quality check points, and line design)
- By owning and coordinating pilots and pre-production events
- By aligning resources to support Speed to Market objectives
- By verifying that products are on track to close by surfacing and solving problems quickly
- By serving as the process expert – owning the manufacturing processes within the zone
- By supporting the ECN process by being timely and cost-effective
- By aligning resources and priorities for aggressive support of the help chain
- By owning the zone metrics, operating measures at the source to drive improvements
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 15 years minimum experience in manufacturing, with at least 5 years of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or related
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.