Position Available: Manufacturing Engineer - New Product DevelopmentShow Categories
We are looking to add an Manufacturing Engineer, to join our team leading process development and technology integration for our OEM New Product Development team.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a new position in our Custom Manufacturing group due to growth! The focus for this position will be on “front-end” new product development. (And trust us…we have a lot of new product development going on around here!) Process development and validation, new technology investigation and integration, and paper line design are just a few areas where your expertise is needed!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our ideal candidate will be a mid-level professional with around 5+ years minimum experience. He/she must have a strong technical aptitude, experience with statistics, product, process, and equipment validation, design for manufacturing, and experience with project management. Candidates with assembly experience would be a definite plus! Previous NPD launch experience is needed for this position in order for the ideal candidate to be successful.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXPLORE:
- By creating assembly line designs, and selecting and supporting both processes and equipment
- By developing design standards in the areas of assembly, manufacturability and testing, and working with Engineering to ensure adherence to those standards (DFM/DFT)
- By designing packaging and validation for all new products working with outside suppliers where appropriate
You will INNOVATE:
- By participating in NPD processes and translate design detail into Process FEMA, fixture requirements, cell layouts, and labor estimates
- By ensuring processes meet the minimum process capability requirements and that support systems (calibration, 1st line support, and preventative maintenance) are in place and capable
- By working with Test and Automation on new equipment projects needed for New Product Launches ensuring capability and timeliness of delivery
- By implementing lean manufacturing principles
You will PERFORM:
- By identifying priorities and balancing time between NPD, strategic goals, and daily execution
- By presenting manufacturing strategies to Sr. Management
- By facilitating/coordinating operations functional involvement and delivery of action items in the NPD process
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years’ minimum experience in manufacturing, including experience with NPD launches
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or related
This is an immediate opening, and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. The links will take you to a third-party website where you can submit an application. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.