Position Available: Manufacturing Engineer - NPDShow Categories
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join us in our New Product Development team!
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a new position in our Custom Manufacturing group due to growth! The focus for this position will be on “front-end” new product development. (And trust us…we have a lot of new product development going on around here!) Process development and validation, new technology investigation and integration, and paper line design are just a few areas where your expertise is needed!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our ideal candidate will be a mid-level professional with around 5+ years minimum experience, but we are open and will look at recent college grads and those who are seasoned professionals! He/she must have a strong technical aptitude, experience with statistics, product, process, and equipment validation, design for manufacturing, and experience with project management. Candidates with assembly experience would be a definite plus! Previous New Product Development launch experience is needed for this position in order for the ideal candidate to be successful.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXPLORE:
- By creating assembly line designs, and selecting and supporting both processes and equipment
- By developing design standards in the areas of assembly, manufacturability and testing, and working with Engineering to ensure adherence to those standards (DFM/DFT)
- By designing packaging and validation for all new products working with outside suppliers where appropriate
You will INNOVATE:
- By participating in NPD processes and translate design detail into Process FEMA, fixture requirements, cell layouts, and labor estimates
- By ensuring processes meet the minimum process capability requirements and that support systems (calibration, 1st line support, and preventative maintenance) are in place and capable
- By working with Test and Automation on new equipment projects needed for New Product Launches ensuring capability and timeliness of delivery
- By implementing lean manufacturing principles
You will PERFORM:
- By identifying priorities and balancing time between NPD, strategic goals, and daily execution
- By presenting manufacturing strategies to Sr. Management
- By facilitating/coordinating operations functional involvement and delivery of action items in the NPD process
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.