Position Available: Manufacturing EngineerShow Categories
We are looking to add a Manufacturing Engineer to our Custom Products Group.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The “perfect” candidate for this position is going to be someone who geeks out on staying abreast of new technologies, processes, and procedures. You will love to be in the action, and won’t be afraid to get your hands dirty (metaphorically, of course, since you can eat off our floors! *Not recommended, however!), and can help to offer coaching and mentoring to our “greener” manufacturing engineers and technicians.
Our environment is fast-paced, challenging, and will provide a variety of growth opportunities. We believe in investing in our company and our people, and we know that to be successful, we always have to be ahead of the technology curve. You will help us with this by ensuring our manufacturing processes and procedures are state-of-the-art, effecient, and forward-thinking. Duties for this position will vary, but will consist of the following:
- Facilitate process improvement teams
- Develop and deploy Lean methodologies in the department
- Prepare all production paperwork per product documentation as required
- Use problem-solving to support the department in improvements in safety, quality, delivery, cost and development
- Efficiently analyze the current situation to drive improvements in productivity, flow, and process capability
- Work with departments to support improvements from the top down; mentor floor associates on driving improvements from the bottom up
- Support the development and implementation of Lean manufacturing strategies to improve efficiency in the department
- Implement solutions to remove potential safety and quality hazards in the working environment
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Plan, schedule, implement, and provide recommendation for process improvements with payback justifications
- Define critical project criteria including process capability to ensure successful project completion
- Develop and implement production processing methods and controls
- Assist technicians in conducting trials for new product launches and implementing countermeasures
- Address product and process design gaps thru ECN’s, deviations, and RMA’s
- Understand and analyze the current situation and apply line design standard as required
- Assist technicians in the setup, initialization, and programming of new process equipment
- Ensure product and process designs promote a quality output and a safe working environment
- Provide daily execution support as needed
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or better in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Manufacturing Engineering Technology or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years: Manufacturing Engineering experience
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.