Position Available: Supplier Quality EngineerShow Categories
We are looking to add a Supplier Quality Engineer to work collaboratively with our Global Sourcing and Engineering teams.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a brand-new position due to growth! This will be a critical position within our organization, helping us to be successful with the numerous new product launches we have annually. Additionally, this person will be a valued partner to our NPD Engineering team, Global Sourcing team, and Operations team.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a quality or engineering-related field, or similar. ASQ certification as a CQE is strongly preferred, and a Green or Black Belt certification is desired. Also, experience with Minitab is a definite plus!
From an experience standpoint, our ideal candidate will have 10+ years in a manufacturing quality role, with 5+ years of experience in a supplier quality role within a manufacturing environment. Experience with ISO/TS/IATF Quality Management Systems is required.
Finally, ideal candidates will be able to travel domestically or internationally up to 30% of the time.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXPLORE:
- By working collaboratively with Global Sourcing and Engineering for the initial assessment and auditing of potential critical product or component suppliers
- By ensuring suppliers resolve quality problems during product development by determining root cause & implementing corrective actions
- By initiating formal supplier corrective action requests (SCAR) when appropriate, to ensure permanent resolution of component quality problems, following up with suppliers to ensure effective closure
- By creating formal supplier improvement plans, when appropriate, when quality targets are consistently not met by critical suppliers
You will INNOVATE:
- By ensuring coordination of required supplier ISIR checks or measurements through our metrology lab as needed, reviewing, analyzing and recommending action
- By managing Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)activities with suppliers from early NPD phases through supplier part approval process
- By reviewing, analyzing, and approving parts and documentation in our supplier portal
- By developing receiving inspection checklists for critical components and train quality technicians on inspection and acceptance criteria.
- By communicating the discovery of nonconforming material to suppliers to ensure appropriate actions are taken to contain, mitigate, correct, and prevent defective product being shipped to us
You will PERFORM:
- By identifying and communicating product/component requirements and specifications to suppliers
- By ensuring the flow-down of key process control and key control characteristics to supplier component drawings
- By performing second party audits of suppliers when deemed appropriate by quality, sourcing, or NPD engineering.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 10 years experience: supplier quality engineering
This is an immediate opening, and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. The links will take you to a third-party website where you can submit an application. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.