Position Available: Embedded DeveloperShow Categories
We are looking for an embedded developer to add to our engineering team to support our booming company.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Awesome new opportunity due to growth! Our Engineers are swamped, working non-stop on new product development. Because of this, we are searching for an Embedded Developer to join our growing Firmware team.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our ideal candidate will start off with either a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (with C/C++ specialization and applicable embedded hardware experience.)Â Ideally, our candidate will have 1-5 years in designing embedded firmware. Additionally, they will have experience designing with a variety of microcontrollers and development environments (CCS, IAR, MPLABX, KDS, LPCXpresso). Experience with CAN/LIN bus is a plus, as is experience working with vehicular electronics, RTOS, and DC-DC switching power supply design 0W-200W.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXPLORE:
- By estimating and quoting new project durations, assumptions, feasibility, risks and mitigations, product and project costs relative to all embedded firmware design
- By investigating new electronic technologies that have potential to expand our electronics product line
- By advising systems level architecture and related component selection for NPD projects
- By taking a forward-looking approach to designs with a focus on portability and maintainability of firmware
You will INNOVATE:
- By providing creative, robust firmware solutions as challenge arise
- By guiding embedded firmware development and maintenance from project completion to the end of the product lifecycle
- By providing consultation for complex R&D projects
- By providing support for firmware and hardware with the New Product Development Electronics Engineering group, including coding and development tools
- By providing guidance for production programming of PCB assemblies and assist in the development of end of line testing as required
You will PERFORM:
- By understanding and adhering to best practices when designing firmware
- By understanding vehicle communication methods and protocols, and implement efficient ways for our products to integrate with the vehicle’s systems
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Preferred Education: Bachelors or better in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Preferred Experience: 1-5 years: Firmware experience
This is an immediate opening, and salary will be commensurate with experience.
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. The links will take you to a third-party website where you can submit an application. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.