Position Available: Assistant ControllerShow Categories
Our long-time Assistant Controller is moving and we are looking for a replacement! This position would be a great step up for someone looking to progress their career in accounting.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our ideal candidate will start off with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. He/she will have 3-5 years minimum experience, ideally with 1-2 years of external or internal audit experience and public accounting experience. Additionally, candidates will need a solid understanding of cost accounting and standard cost development, and prior responsibility for general accounting and financial reporting.
This is a position that interacts with many different departments throughout our organization. As a result, we would like someone who is both a comfortable communicator and an engaged collaborator! You may be living in the finance world, but it’s still a fast-paced one at our company, and hustle and assertiveness are needed to be a success in this role. We would love to find a big picture thinker…someone who can draw connections and understand how things all fit together and impact each other.
It’s an important role in our company, and we want to find the right person who is passionate about accounting!
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will INNOVATE
- By establishing appropriate internal controls to prevent and catch fraudulent or erroneous activity
- By managing and controlling cost accounting, including inventory management, standard cost development, and a solid understanding of business systems and systems controls
- By leading annual budget input and implementation of targets/metrics
- By directing all external audits/reviews
You will EXPLORE
- By serving as “watchman” continuously checking for erroneous transactions requiring correction and establishing appropriate controls to prevent future erroneous transactions
- By providing cost awareness and advice regarding methods for achieving goals in each production zone
- By working on variance root cause analysis, working with company leaders to establish activities needed to meet targeted goals
- By actively problem solving and working regularly on continuous improvement projects
You will PERFORM
- By performing month-end closing, regulatory & tax compliance, internal and external audits, and payroll administration
- By preparing and analyzing financial statements, account reconciliations, and performance explanations
- By overseeing and controlling spending, and providing analytical data and reports
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
- 3-5 years minimum experience.
- Ideally with 1-2 years of external or internal audit experience and public accounting experience.
This is an immediate opening, and salary will be commensurate with experience.
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities