Position Available:SMT Manufacturing Engineer ManagerShow Categories
We are looking for a seasoned Manufacturing Engineer Team Leader to lead our technical people, processes and products in our Surface Mount Technology department. We are fortunate to have a world-class, state-of-the-art facility with all Universal equipment. We are a growing company with a continuous focus on improvement. The pace is fast, the environment is casual, and the products we make are cool!
What’s especially exciting about role is that we are in the process of building a brand new facility for our SMT department right on our current campus. The department will be growing tremendously during this time, and you could be a vital part of the growth!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE: Our ideal candidate will start off with either a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering, or something similar. Candidates must have experience in surface mount technology and understand the SMT processes, ideally 10-15+ years. He/she should have strong project management and problem-solving skills.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXPLORE, INNOVATE, & PERFORM:
By driving cost-effective, timely New Product launches:
- Collaborate with R&D and New Product Development to investigate and implement new manufacturing processes in our SMT department
- Support phase gate system, providing timely inputs on labor, design risk, process risk, capital, quality check points, and line design
- Own and coordinate pilots and pre-production events
- Align resources to support speed to market objectives
- Ensure that products are on track to close by surfacing and solving problems quickly
- Serve as process owner for all technical and manufacturing processes within our SMT department
By aligning reliable manufacturing processes to the needs of the Value Stream:
- Line design expert for SMT department – ensuring that product and material flows meet or exceed or quality and cost objectives
- Implement Lean Manufacturing processes
- Support the ECN process – timely, cost effective
- Align resources and priorities for aggressive support of the help chain
- Develop Process Experts!
By focusing on continuous improvement:
- Lead/Participate in development and deployment of company-wide goals and strategies
- Owner of the department metrics to drive improvements
- Proactive performance management – right people, right roles – utilizing the performance management system
- Work individual skill development plans to increase capability and flexibility
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or better in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 10-15 years: Surface Mount Technology
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.