Position Available: Material Handler - 2nd shiftShow Categories
If you like to work with numbers & think driving forklifts is pretty cool, then join our Material Handler team on 2nd shift!
Positive attitude. Team player. Desire to learn. These are the top skills you will need to be successful at J.W. Speaker!
There’s nothing better than that sense of accomplishment you get from crossing something off your ‘To-Do’ list. Know what we’re talking about here? If you can’t sit still all day, like to work with numbers & think driving forklifts is pretty cool, then join our Material Handler team on 2nd shift (3:15pm-11:15pm) in the wonderful world of parts!
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Your day kicks off with a team meeting to go over updates, metrics & transition shifts. From there, you’ll be using a “pick list” to identify what parts you need to find in our supermarket, and determine where they need to go on a production floor.
Time management is crucial in this role since there is always more to be done at this growing company. At times you may be chasing down a part or solving the root cause of a problem.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You should like numbers in this position since you’ll be doing things like cycle counting, finding part discrepancies & using basic Excel skills. Ideally, you’re a hustler who works well independently all day, but you also enjoy being part of a team.
Accuracy & attention to detail are king in this role in order to get the job done right. Throughout the day, you’ll always be communicating & multi-tasking. Expect to move fast & provide continuous flow to ensure stable support to our Electronics & Assembly departments.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need an open mind, sense of humor & passion for learning. Most importantly, our most successful material handlers are self-motivated & always bring their ‘A’ game to work.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will INNOVATE:
- By making creative improvements to work smarter, not harder
- By thinking outside the box to problem solve
- By communicating critical information to your team & several departments daily
You will EXPLORE:
- By investigating why we have parts shortages & drilling down on a problem until you find the root cause. Then, you will share that knowledge with others so it doesn’t happen again!
- By providing better & faster service to internal customers
- By learning every day & keeping an open mind
- By contributing to a respectful, team-based environment
You will PERFORM:
- By paying attention to detail to accurately cycle count
- By using time management skills to deliver parts to assembly lines on time
- By meeting daily metrics around safety, quality, delivery & cost
- By exceeding safety & cleanliness standards (5S)
- Required: Minimum 1 year experience material handling
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Basic excel & computer skills
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. The links will take you to a third-party website where you can submit an application.