Position Available: Tooling Engineer TechnicianShow Categories
We are looking to add a Tooling Engineer Technician who will focus on plastic injection mold tooling design, manufacturing, and procurement experience.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a new position in our Global Sourcing team due to growth!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our ideal candidate for this position will have either a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or an Associate’s degree in Tool and Die. To be successful in this role, we prefer candidates who have at least 2 years of experience with plastic injection mold tooling design, manufacturing, and procurement experience.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXPLORE, INNOVATE AND PERFORM::
- By supporting the implementation of Engineering Changes on current products
- By taking responsibility for the application and storage of all applicable mold tool documentation
- By monitoring, evaluating, and holding mold tool suppliers accountable for their performance
- By supporting the repair, rework, and servicing of existing tools with mold tool suppliers when requested
- By managing and maintaining our tooling/first shots tooling tracker
- By collaborating with the mold department to identify tool/press interface requirements
- By assisting the tooling engineer in validation of mold tool performance
- By being accountable for ensuring NPD project timelines are met and surface challenges to appropriate stakeholders
- By surfacing improvement opportunities and coordinating initiatives to drive results
- By actively participating and demonstrating deep understanding of zone metrics by surfacing and solving problems
- 2 years’ experience, preferably with plastic injection mold tooling design, manufacturing and procurement experience
- Prefer either a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Plastics Engineering or a Tool and Die Associate’s degree
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.