Position Available: Senior Electronic EngineerShow Categories
We are looking for a Senior Electronic Engineer to join our New Product Development team at our growing company!
ABOUT THE POSITION: This Sr. EE will work hand in hand with our Project Engineers, Designers, Test Lab Technicians, and R&D team, working on the multitude of new products we design every year. Here at J.W. Speaker, projects move quickly. From cradle to grave, some products are being shipped 16 weeks after design! We very rarely have the luxury of a 18-24 month design cycle here, so there will never come a time when you are bored or looking for extra work to do!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE: Experience and knowledge is a must (ideally 10+ years!). Ability to juggle many projects at one time. You will have strong EMC knowledge, as well as plenty of experience designing power supplies and microcontrollers. Successful candidates in our NPD department know how to execute. In this case, that means designing the electronic components of our products in the timeline requested from our customers while meeting their specifications.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will Design:
- Design electronic circuitry – from concept to hardware: Block diagrams, schematic drawings, layout planning for printed circuit boards (PCBs)
- Develop, prepare, procure, and validate electronic prototypes and sample assemblies
- Work closely with manufacturing and suppliers through purchasing to design robust products, simplify assembly and testing, and assist in the advancement of the state-of-the-art electronic assembly process
- Specifiy electrical and electronic components, approve sources
- Ability to create cost-effective switching power supplies (e.g. DC-DC converters, AC-DC converters)
- Design microcontroller/embedded processor systems
- Work closely with R&D, and technology leader suppliers, to introduce new design concepts
You will offer Project Management:
- Knowledge and understanding of customer technicial requirements/specifications and expectations
- Guidance and support to Product Designers and Electronic Technicians, and support to Project Managers and other cross-functional team members
- Accurate and timely completion of all assigned design related activities for NPD and R&D projects
- Develop initial resource loaded design project plans and manage the plan execution utilizing MS Project
- Estimate and quote new project duration, assumptions, feasibility, risks, product and project costs relative to all electrical design related activities
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years minimum performing the criteria defined above
- Switching power supplies: Buck, Boost, SEPIC topologies, <200 watt
- Analog circuitry: Bipolar, FET, and Op Amp based circuits
- Designing for EMC/EMI, ESD and Transient testing compliance
- SPICE circuit simulation software
- EDA tools: Pads PCB, Pads Logic, DxDesigner
- Basic understanding of embedded hardware and software (C/C++/Assembly Language)
This is an immediate opening!
J.W. Speaker is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. The links will take you to a third-party website where you can submit an application. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.