Position Available: Project ManagerShow Categories
We are looking to add a Project Manager, to lead our projects and ensure we meet our customer deadlines and specifications.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a brand new position at our booming company! For several years, our New Product Development Engineers have been managing their own projects (which are plentiful!). As a result, they have had to balance their time and efforts between doing the actual design work and managing the project load, which is definitely challenging!
In an effort to make our engineers as successful (and happy!) as possible, we are introducing the role of the Project Manager to our organization! This position will be critical to the success of our New Product Development team, as they will ensure we meet our customer deadlines and specifications, work collaboratively throughout the organization, and keep all of our engineers focused, efficient, and organized.
If you yearn to work for a cutting-edge company that invests in technology, resources and most importantly, people, then this could be the job for you!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our ideal candidate will start off with a Bachelor’s degree in either Engineering or Business Management (or similar). He/she will have 2-5 years minimum experience in project management, and Project Management training and certification is a preferred. They must understand the design principles for plastic injection molded components, and experience with electrical systems/lighting industry is definitely a plus!
Additionally, they should be familiar with ISO9001 or TS16949, as well as the core tools and systems: APQP, PPAP, Run at Rate, Launch Controls, Risk Assessments, FMEA, Control Plans, etc..
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
You will EXPLORE:
- By prioritizing work, anticipating consequences of actions, potential problems or opportunities for change
- By providing performance feedback and assisting team members with plans for development and training
- By interfacing with the customer to capture requirements, set appropriate expectations, and resolve any issues that may arise over the course of a project or program
- By participating in outside professional activities to maintain knowledge on developments in the field
You will INNOVATE:
- By maintaining overall project responsibility, including knowledge of the big picture, yet remaining aware of the details
- By leading cross-functional NPD project teams from concept to production
- By managing project scope and requirements, developing and driving project schedules, understanding and mitigating risks, and ensuring a high level of fiscal control and accountability for project budget
- By defining the project team’s roles & responsibilities with specific outcomes and following through with fair and consistent consequences for both achieving and not achieving results
- By ensuring decisions involve the appropriate people and support business and project objectives
- By empowering the team to achieve ambitious project targets while aiming for customer satisfaction
You will PERFORM:
- By developing initial quotes and timing with minimal support
- By taking responsibility for monitoring commercial deliverables on a day-to-day basis and relaying to our sales leads, as well as assisting R&D and Sales with concept development and Phase 1 activities
- By effectively managing project teams and phase meetings, communicating project status and issues
- By ensuring that the project’s core team members share an ownership mindset
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
- 2-5 years experience in Project Management.
This is an immediate opening, and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes (with salary expectations) online by clicking the “Apply Now” button corresponding to this position listing. The links will take you to a third-party website where you can submit an application. Click here for FAQs and Benefit information.